David Painter represents school districts in Pennsylvania primarily for issues related to special education, student services and disability discrimination. He is an experienced litigator for administrative hearings and appellate court. In addition to litigation, he conducts in-service training for school districts as well as community and professional associations on various topics including educational evaluations, evaluation report and IEP development and defense, student progress-monitoring, and student records. He frequently provides guidance to school districts and answers to questions concerning the IDEA, Section 504, student discipline and student records.
Prior to joining the firm he served as a school psychologist to an Intermediate Unit and several Pennsylvania school districts. His expertise in school psychology and assessment is widely acknowledged and he has trained many individuals, including Pennsylvania’s special education hearing officers in these areas. He also previously represented parents in education law issues, where he earned a reputation for knowledgeable, fair and thorough advocacy on behalf of his clients, which continues to be the hallmark of his work today. He was named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2013.
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Pittsburgh (Ph.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (M.S.)
- Penn State University (B.S.)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association