With over 25 years in practice, Jane Williams is among the most experienced attorneys currently representing school entities in special education and student matters. She has served as a hearing officer and advisor to school boards in student expulsion matters, and provided school district boards with in-service programs concerning special education and pupil services. She provides both proactive and defense representation to school entities in all phases of special education litigation.
She is a well-regarded speaker and consultant on special education and other education law-related topics, having lectured statewide to a variety of organizations consisting of both educators and attorneys. She has served for years as a planning committee member of the Lehigh University College of Education Special Education Law Symposium, and participated as a moderator and presenter over the years.
Jane has served in several leadership roles in the Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association, including that of President. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D.)
- Northwestern University (B.A.)
- Sullins College (A.A.)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association (Past President)