Maria Desautelle brings a diverse legal background to her practice in representing school entities, primarily in the area of special education. She is an accomplished attorney with broad experience in litigation, mediation and investigation.
Ms. Desautelle has an extensive background working for several government entities. Prior to joining the firm, she served as a mediator and complaint investigator with the New Jersey Department of Education – Office of Special Education. Ms. Desautelle also worked as a deputy attorney general with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety representing both the Department of Human Services and the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. She further served as the legislative liaison for the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
Ms. Desautelle has also worked in private practice representing several major telecommunications companies in municipal land use matters. Additionally, Ms. Desautelle served as a Deputy Staff Judge Advocate for the United States Air Force, New Jersey Air National Guard, 108th Air Refueling Wing.
- Widener University School of Law (J.D.)
- The Pennsylvania State University (B.S.)
- United States Air Force Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell Air Force Base
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- Special Education