Suzanne Pontious joined Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams in 2020. She has worked in both the public and private sector and is a seasoned litigator, both in court and administrative proceedings.
Before joining the firm, Sue served as deputy city solicitor for the City of Philadelphia Law Department’s Child Welfare Unit. There, she managed a high-volume caseload of dependency matters in various stages of litigation. As a core courtroom team captain, she trained and supervised new attorneys on her team. She also conducted CLEs and attorney trainings.
Prior to that, Sue worked at a private law firm that served as solicitor for various municipalities, including school districts and other public entities.
She is also a veteran of the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office, having served as a legal intern during law school. After law school, she clerked for the Honorable Diane E. Gibbons, Bucks County Court of Common Pleas.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Delaware (B.A.)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania School Boards Solicitors Association