Tammy Schmitt joined Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams in 2020. In practice for close to two decades, she brings extensive experience in her chosen areas of practice from both sides of the negotiation table.
Just prior to joining the firm, she worked with a private law firm that represented families of students with educational disabilities in their claims against school entities. There, she handled an extensive caseload, handling all aspects of litigation. Prior to that, she litigated both special education matters and cases involving civil rights and employment discrimination on behalf of school and public entities. Additionally, she served as managing attorney for another former law firm, responsible for her own caseload of complex litigation matters while supervising all legal staff, which included attorneys, paralegals and independent contractors.
She has been named to both the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star lists, and she is often called upon to present at conferences, both live and virtual, on topics related to Special Education.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D.)
- Temple University (B.A. cum laude, M.A.)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association