Ellis Katz concentrates his practice in representing school districts and municipalities in employment and labor matters. He guides clients on employee and student discipline issues, and he has extensive experience in collective bargaining, grievance and interest arbitration. He is also experienced in unfair labor practice cases, and Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board proceedings and has argued discrimination matters before the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. His experience before federal court includes litigation related to IDEA, Section 504, ADA and civil rights matters.
An authority on both private and public sector labor law, he has lectured widely and is frequently published in national and regional labor law journals. He has taught graduate classes in labor relations at Penn State University and he served as the Assistant Counsel for the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board from 1981 to 1983.
- Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D.)
- Villanova University (M.S.)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S.)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association (Past President)