Karl Romberger advises school entities about special education, student services, school-behavioral health placement reimbursement disputes, civil rights, policy development, contracts and service provider arrangements. He also represents educational institutions in administrative hearings, including special education cases, MOU reimbursement actions, and actions before the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, and litigation in both state and federal courts. Karl provides regular consultations through the firm’s Pool Counsel service and also provides staff in-service presentation trainings on special education and student services topics. He is a regular presenter before various continuing legal education audiences and is also trained as a special education hearing officer with the U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Education.
Prior to joining the firm, Karl was a permanent federal law clerk to Hon. E. Mac Troutman of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and also served as a Pennsylvania special education hearing officer, in addition to working for a large Philadelphia-based national law firm.
His personal educational background includes study abroad in Scotland, holding the position of board member and business manager of The Dickinson Journal of International Law, receiving the Comparative Law Award, and interning for the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law in Vienna, Austria.
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University (J.D.)
- Moravian College (B.A.)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Board of Trustees of the Easttown Library and Information Center